Organized by: Demetre Kazaras, Marcus Khuri and Christina SormaniApply to a Workshop Now
Graduate students (and postdocs) with background in Riemannian Geometry are invited to attend this four day school introducing geometric aspects of Mathematical General Relativity. There will be introductory lectures on:
* Asymptotically flat Riemannian manifolds with nonnegative scalar curvature
* ADM mass and the Positive Mass Theorem
* Outermost Minimizing Surfaces and the Penrose Inequality
* Bartnik Mass
* Lorentzian Manifolds and Solving Einstein’s Equations,
* Bondi Mass
* Constraint Equations, Initial Data sets and MOTS
* Constant Mean Curvature Foliations and Center of Mass
* Kerr Black Holes and Angular Momentum
Each topic will be taught independently in a series of 1-2 lectures. Graduate students and postdocs are invited to apply for funding to attend this spring school here.
Workshop Application Deadline: February 15, 2018 (or when event is at maximum capacity). Applicants will be contacted soon after this date.
We intend to cover all topics needed for those who wish to attend the SCGP Workshop on Mass in General Relativity the following week. . We encourage but do not require everyone to stay through Monday March 26 as there will be giving a public lecture by Shing-Tung Yau at SCGP and other important lectures on Mass in GR on that date.