Art and Science Program
The Simons Center for Geometry and Physics Art and Science Program at Stony Brook University is an ambitious outreach program connecting artists, scientists, and the community at large. The Simons Center Gallery goals include hosting intellectually inquisitive art by internationally acclaimed artists and scientists working at the intersection of art, science, and technology. The exhibitions and events at the Simons Center Gallery feature unique artistic and scientific concepts accessible through a broad range of media for meaningful experiences that ignite imagination and inspire ideas.
- Simons Center Gallery Exhibitions
- Science and Art Speaker Series
- Science Playwriting Competition
- Student and faculty outreach with the Art Department
- Della Pietra High School Student Gallery Talks
- Community outreach
- Summer Music Series
- Science-inspired movies
- Campus Art Tour Collaboration
- Publications and Catalogs
- Visiting Artist Program
Art Program Director/Curator:
- Hours: Simons Center Gallery hours: Monday- Friday 12:00 – 5:00 pm and by appointment; Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays.
- Directions to Simons Center for Geometry and Physics: http://scgp.stonybrook.edu/about/directions