We encourage visitors to the center to be vaccinated in accordance with the CDC and WHO standards.
As per NYS, mask mandate is no longer in effect as of March 2, 2022. Masks are optional. For more information, please visit the dedicated page Stony Brook University – STRONGER TOGETHER.
We continue to advise mask wearing if you:
- Develop COVID-like symptoms
- Receive a positive COVID-19 test while you are at work
- Are concerned you could transmit a respiratory illness (please remember not to come to work if you’re not feeling well)
- Believe you have an increased risk of severe illness if exposed to and infected by a respiratory illness
If at any point during your visit at SCGP, you experience COVID-like symptoms, exposed to a COVID positive person, or test positive for COVID, the following steps need to be taken in accordance with CDC Guidelines, NYSDOH, and SUNY SBU Protocols:
IF DIRECTLY EXPOSED TO A COVID POSITIVE PERSON:
Whether you were vaccinated or unvaccinated or have symptoms or not, please take a look at the the most recent CDC and NYSDOH guidance, and see if your are required to remain home/isolate for five days (shortened from the original 10 days by the CDC on December 27).
- If you are a local visitor/participant and test positive, you must return to your home and follow isolation protocols as set forth by CDC and NYSDOH.
- If you are non-local, you must isolate in housing location that has been arranged for you and follow isolation protocols as set forth by CDC and NYSDOH.
You can always email email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance.
If you experience COVID-like symptoms, YOU CANNOT RETURN TO THE CENTER UNTIL YOU HAVE NO SYMPTOMS AND A NEGATIVE COVID TEST.
if you need to get tested for covid please visit: here
IF COVID POSITIVE:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help guide you through the process. You cannot come to the center and must follow quarantine protocols as set forth by CDC and NYSDOH.
FOR DETAILED COVID GUIDELINES:
Stony Brook University: COVID Safety Guidelines
New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH): COVID Guidelines
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): COVID Guidelines