As per NYS, mask mandate is no longer in effect as of March 2, 2022. Masks are optional. For more information, please visit the dedicated page Stony Brook University – STRONGER TOGETHER.
We continue to advise mask wearing if you:
- Develop COVID-like symptoms
- Receive a positive COVID-19 test while you are at work
- Are concerned you could transmit a respiratory illness (please remember not to come to work if you’re not feeling well)
- Believe you have an increased risk of severe illness if exposed to and infected by a respiratory illness
For Program and Workshop Participants and other SCGP visitors:
We encourage visitors to the center to be vaccinated in accordance with the CDC and WHO standards.
For specific guidelines if a visitor tests positive during his/her stay at SCGP, please visit: SCGP COVID Protocols for Program Visitors and Workshop Participants.
Current Stony Brook and NYS travel advisories:
Visitors from other states and countries are allowed on Stony Brook University campus provided they follow department of health guidelines. Currently, Asymptomatic visitors from other states are exempt from quarantine. All international travelers will need to comply with current CDC requirements for testing and quarantine.
- Fully vaccinated individuals who have not recovered from COVID-19 in the past 3 months are recommended to get tested 3-5 days after arrival in New York from international travel.
It is advisable all visitors keep their negative test results with them as a precaution.
Visit the following links for more up to date information regarding University, New York State, and CDC COVID travel bans, policies, and regulations:
Stony Brook University: https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/strongertogether/visitors.php
CDC Domestic travel: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html
CDC International Travel: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html