Each year the Simons Center supports multiple workshops. These workshops are usually one-week in length, although certain workshops are longer. Workshops are concentrated periods of activity in a focused area of interest to the Center. The workshops are organized by committees of people from both within and outside of the Center. A workshop normally will have 4 to 5 talks a day with breaks for lunch and in afternoon, but the details of the schedule are left to the organizers.
The following is the list of recent and upcoming workshops at the Center
Apply to a Workshop Now
**Workshop talks are open to the general public. If you are interested in attending the lectures, you need not apply. Applications are for those seeking financial assistance only.
2016-2017 Academic Year Workshops
- Simons Summer Workshop: July 5 to July 29, 2016
- Automorphic forms, mock modular forms and string theory: August 29 – September 2, 2016
- Simons Collaboration on Special Holonomy in Geometry, Analysis, and Physics: September 6-15, 2016
- Derived categories and Chow groups of hyperkaehler and Calabi-Yau varieties: September 19-23, 2016.
- Entanglement in Quantum Systems: October 3-7, 2016
- Recent Developments in the Mathematical study of Gauge Theory: October 17 - 21, 2016
- Entanglement in field theory and gravity: December 5-7, 2016
- GW161212: The Universe through gravitational waves: December 12 - 15, 2016
- String Theory and Scattering Amplitudes: January 9-13, 2017
- Applied Newton-Cartan geometry: March 6-10, 2017
- Fluid flows: from graphene to planet atmospheres: March 20-24, 2017
- Beyond WIMPs: from Theory to Detection: March 27-29, 2017
- Gauge Theory and Low Dimensional Topology: April 24-28, 2017
- Quantitative Symplectic Geometry: May 8-12, 2017
- Homological mirror symmetry and higher genus invariants: May 22-26, 2017
- Strongly Correlated Topological Phases of Matter: June 5-9, 2017
- Matrix Factorizations in Mathematics and Physics: June 12-16, 2017