This guest housing agreement is made by the Stony Brook Foundation, Inc. (“SBF”) with reference to our shared houses and apartments:
The parties agree to the following terms:
1. The Guest Housing Agreement shall be in effect from the start of your arrival to your departure.
2. Guest agrees to vacate the premises by stated end date.
3. TOTAL FEES DUE TO SCGP FOR HOUSING (if applicable): * Guest agrees to have payment issued upon arrival * Acceptable forms of payment include: cash (USD), checks (USD), and money orders (USD) made payable to the STONY BROOK FOUNDATION. *Please note that the Simons Center is unable to process credit card payments.
4. Guest understands that the guest housing is a residential dwelling and as such will be used for residential/temporary housing purposes only.
5. Guest hereby agrees that if he/she causes any damage to any SBF property, he/she will be liable for the replacement costs of said item(s).
6. Guest is prohibited from hosting social events where alcoholic beverages will be served. Guest will not partake in or allow illegal activities on the premises.
7. Guest shall not damage or alter the condition of the premises or its furnishings. SBF assumes no liability for the loss, damage or theft of personal property of Guest, Guests’ family or invitees that may occur during the use of guest housing.
8. Guest is responsible for all acts of Guest, Guest’s family or invitees. SBF shall not be liable for injury to any person or for property damage sustained by Guest, Guest’s family or invitees except from the result of gross negligence by SBF. Guest indemnifies and holds harmless SBF, its Board of Directors, Landlords, each of their respective agents, representatives, employees and other owners, their guests and invitees from and against all losses, costs, damages, liabilities and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements) that any of the foregoing incur as a result or in connection with (i) the access permitted to be granted pursuant to this agreement, (ii) any breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made by Guest herein or (iii) the actions or failures to act of Guest, Guest’s family or invitees. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this Guest Housing Agreement as of the day and year first written above. STONY BROOK FOUNDATION, INC.