This guest housing agreement is made by the Stony Brook Foundation, Inc. (“SBF”) with reference to the property at 1600 Broadway on the Square (the “Condominium”), Unit PH5C (the “Unit”).
The parties agree to the following terms:
- The Guest Housing Agreement shall be in effect from 3:00 PM on the date of arrival to 10:00 AM on the date of departure, for Simons Center related business. Guest agrees to vacate the premises by 10 AM on Guest’s end date.
- SBF and Guest attest that SBF has not and will not receive any compensation in connection with Guest’s use and/or occupancy of the Unit, and Guest will not be granted any legal rights with respect to the Unit.
- Guest shall abide by all terms of (i) the Master Lease and (ii) the Declaration, By-Laws and Rules & Regulations of 1600 Broadway on The Square. By signing this agreement, Guest acknowledges receipt of a copy of the foregoing documents.
- Guest understands that the guest housing is part of a residential building and as such will be used for residential/temporary housing purposes only.
- Guest is prohibited from hosting social events where alcoholic beverages will be served. Guest will not partake in or allow illegal activities on the premises.
- Guest shall not damage or alter the condition of the premises or its furnishings. SBF assumes no liability for the loss, damage or theft of personal property of Guest, Guest’s family or invitees that may occur during the use of guest housing.
- Guest is responsible for all acts of Guest, Guest’s family or invitees. SBF shall not be liable for injury to any person or for property damage sustained by Guest, Guest’s family or invitees except from the result of gross negligence by SBF. Guest indemnifies and holds harmless SBF, its Board of Directors, Condominium and its Board of managers, each of their respective agents, representatives, employees and other owners of units, their guests and invitees from and against all losses, costs, damages, liabilities and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements) that any of the foregoing incur as a result or in connection with (i) the access permitted to be granted pursuant to this agreement, (ii) any breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made by Guest herein or (iii) the actions or failures to act of Guest, Guest’s family or invitees.