Each year the Simons Center supports multiple workshops. These workshops are usually one-week in length, although certain workshops are longer. Workshops are concentrated periods of activity in a focused area of interest to the Center. The workshops are organized by committees of people from both within and outside of the Center.
2019-2020 Academic Year Workshops
- Simons Summer Workshop: Cosmology and String Theory July 15 - August 9, 2019
- Graduate Summer School on the Geometry and Modular Representation Theory of Algebraic Groups: August 19 - 23, 2019
- Simons Collaboration on Special Holonomy in Geometry, Analysis, and Physics: Progress and Open Problems 2019: September 8-11, 2019
- Applications of Random Matrix Theory to many-body physics: September 16 - 20, 2019.
- Developments in the Numerical Bootstrap: November 4-6, 2019
- Novel Vistas on Vortices: November 11-15, 2019
- Strings, Geometry, and Data Science: January 6-8, 2020
- Physics of neural circuits and network dynamics: January 27-31, 2020
- Analysis, Dynamics, Geometry and Probability: March 2-6, 2020
- Recent developments in Lagrangian Floer theory: March 16-20, 2020
- Lighting new Lampposts for Dark Matter and Beyond the Standard Model: March 30 – April 3, 2020.
- Floer homology in low-dimensional topology: April 6-10, 2020
- New directions in topological phases: from fractons to spatial symmetries: April 13-17, 2020
- Supersymmetric Black Holes, Holography and Microstate Counting: April 20-May 1, 2020
- Quantum Hall Effect: Status Report: May 11 - 15, 2020
- C*-algebras, K-theories and Noncommutative Geometries of Correlated Condensed Matter Systems: May 18-22, 2020
- Renormalization retrospective: Feigenbaum Memorial Conference: May 28-29, 2020
- Many faces of renormalization: June 1-5, 2020
- Applications of gauge topology, holography and string models to QCD June 8-12, 2020
2020-2021 Academic Year Workshops
- Simons Summer Workshop: Strings and Geometry July 13 – August 7, 2020
- Geometry, Topology, and Symmetry in Soft and Living Matter: August 24-28, 2020
- Flowing into the future. Particle Jets in Quantum Field Theory and Phenomenology: October 19 - 23, 2020
Organize a Program/Workshop at the Simons Center
**Workshop talks are open to the general public. If you are interested in attending the lectures, you need not apply. Applications are for those seeking financial assistance only.